The Isle of Man Self Catering Owners Association currently has 46 Members, representing 94 separate self-catering units which provide capacity for 415 bed-spaces. Properties are spread throughout the Island.
Have you ever thought about joining IOMSCOA? Did you even know that we exist? WHO ARE WE?
Formed in 2013, the Association is the only independent organisation that exists primarily to represent the views of registered self-catering accommodation owners. The Association is Chaired by Sara Richards, assisted by a Committee of 5 Members. Our Constitution can be viewed on the ABOUT section of this website.
WHAT DO WE DO?
1. Please view all tabs on this website, particularly where we display Member properties (see the DIRECTORY) and also post news items of general interest to the sector.
2. Our newsletter Circulars go out to all Members via email and have included both news and practical help on a range of issues over the years.
3. Information is also shared frequently via our closed Facebook Group, which enables Members to help each other in the event of cancellations & late availability.
4. The Association AGM is held in January or March each year and always includes a guest speaker.
5. As regards the new Isle of Man Visit Agency, our Chair Sara has already formed a good working relationship with Hilary Peterson (one of our new Members) who sits on the new Visit Agency Board and represents the Non Serviced Accommodation sector. This will ensure that the Association can facilitate good two way communication between our Members and the Agency Board. So, not only will the views of Members be easily submitted to the Agency but Members will receive feedback from the Agency, whenever possible.
Would you like to have your views represented together with those of other like-minded owners? Would you value the ability to obtain help and support when you need it? Quote from one of our Members: 'Being a small business owner and working alone, as many of us do, can often be a rather isolating job. That's why the support of a group like this is invaluable as we can ask questions, share problems and raise industry issues with like-minded people. Everyone who joins has something to offer others and lots to gain from the group'
WHAT WILL IT COST?
£20; The subscription rate is reviewed annually and set by Member vote at the AGM, following a recommendation made by the Committee. Our subscription year runs from January to December. Our next AGM will be held on Tuesday 10th March 2020 at 7pm. The venue will be St John HQ, Glencrutchery Road, Douglas. We have now received confirmation that Hilary Peterson (Board Member for Non Serviced Accommodation) can attend to speak about the progress being made by the Isle of Man Visit Agency and to take questions.
If you have any questions then please email Sara Richards: email@example.com.
We do hope that you will consider joining us by completing the Membership form available for download and posting it back to the address on the form.
The IOMSCOA are developing our policies as we go along; we have so far committed to supporting:
Regular grading inspections
Occupancy Survey being conducted on behalf of DfE Tourism.
We are continuing to monitor the views of our Members regarding the operation of online booking systems and the future development of the official visitisleofman website.
However, it is hoped that the Association can do much more than just deal with problems related to IT matters. At past meetings presentations have been given by speakers from industry and we also invite Hilary Peterson (who represents the self catering sector on the Visit Agency) to speak at our AGM
IOMSCOA (Isle of Man Self Catering Owners Association) hold only the contact details that you provide to us when you join the Association. This personal data will include your name, address, email, phone number and the name of your registered self catering rental property.
We use that data to provide you with newsletters and information about the activities of IOMSCOA. We can also display the contact details for your registered self catering property on our SSL protected website, if you wish but apart from that, we do not share your personal data with third parties.
IOMSCOA collect your personal data / contact details when you sign up to join the Association or renew your annual membership.
Our newsletters (Circulars) are always sent out by e-mail which is not a fully secure means of communication. Whilst we endeavour to to keep our systems and communications protected against viruses etc we cannot guarantee that all communications will be virus free.
All the personal data we collect is held on a PC owned and managed by Sara Richards (Chair) on behalf of IOMSCOA. Records of membership fees paid by Members are also held on a PC owned and managed by Sandra Kerrison (Treasurer) on behalf of IOMSCOA.
We do NOT use any cookies on this site.
Your personal data will be kept by us until you notify us that either you no longer wish to receive this information from us or cease to be a Member of IOMSCOA. This policy may be revised from time to time. The up-to-date version will be displayed here on our website.
If at any point you wish to update, correct or ask us to delete your details, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org